Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Seal Pup


This week for writing Mrs Earl came to our class to show us some new methods in our writing. These were the shade'o'meter and we now have a vocabulary vault on our wall. The shade'o'meter helps us find new words for basic verbs and nouns. The vocabulary vault is where we store all our cool words for our writing.

We had to choose one of two pictures to base our writing off.

We had to include these three features in our writing: Adverbial phrase describing time, repetition and an rhetorical question. I have highlighted these features in my writing. ( Yellow = Adverbial phrase describing time, Green = repetition, Red = rhetorical question.)
This is my outcome:


Noah was a seal, Noah was a small seal pup about the size of a football. Noah's snowy white coat was as soft and fluffy as an Angora rabbit. Noah burrowed into the icy snow. As the sun set over the horizon Noah thought about his day. If only he had listened to his mother when she had said they were going home. If only he had listened he wouldn't be here in the freezing cold snow. Tomorrow he will look for the rest of the pack. He was cold and hungry. He lay down to sleep. He dozed off dreaming of that day. His dream quickly turned into a nightmare. He was being chased by a big hungry Polar bear. All he could do was shuffle for the water, for he did not have four legs. The polar bear was gaining on him, the Polar bear bared his sharp teeth ready to pounce. Noah Jumped awake from his dream scurrying across the wet snow to the water. ¨Oh” ¨It was Just a dream” Will Noah make it back to his Mum and his family?

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing I wish I could know more about noah the seal pup and will he make it back to his parents

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post